We are glad you are here. Take a look around.
what it means to be a classical christian school
It means education is about formation. We are training students to become disciples of God who are awakened and attuned to His beauty, goodness, and truth. It means that students are taught according to the Trivium (grammar, logic, rhetoric), which emphasizes that as children develop cognitively, they learn differently. It means our students are developing skills that are essential in higher education and throughout life – independent scholarship, critical thinking, logical analysis, and a love for learning.
Hear from our parents
We made the decision to start each of our girls at WCA in Kindergarten and now the school has been an integral part of our lives for nearly 20 years. Our partnership with WCA allowed Cher and I to see our three daughters, Maddie, Emma and current 12th Grader Lily, grow in their faith and …
WCA is one of the best things that has happened to us since we moved here a few years back. Right from the beginning we were warmly welcomed and my kids have always felt safe and very comfortable in the school environment.
The teachers here are …
I could go on and on about how much we enjoyed our first year at WCA. One thing that stands out the most is how everything is centered around God. I am sure that the foundation that these kids are taught will be with them throughout their lives. Another thing …
“Moving our fifth-grader and third-grader to WCA was something we had been considering for years. We are so grateful that God led our family to finally make the decision and do so boldly, as the school has blessed us beyond our prayers. The curriculum has reignited our children’s love of learning, and by teaching with a Biblical worldview, the lessons they are bringing home challenge us as parents and grow our faith as well. The intentionality with which teachers, administrators, and fellow WCA families have embraced our kids and us as a family has been wonderful. When friends ask us if we’ll be back in public school as soon as the pandemic is over, we’re able to answer with a quick and definitive “No” – WCA is home.”
Steven & Kaitlin Lane
Parent’s Pledge of Acceptance
A WCA education is a sacred partnership between parents and teachers, home and school. We are a Christ-following community that shares the same goals which are best met when home and school work in tandem within a trusting relationship.
In signing this pledge of acceptance, we affirm the following:
- Our complete agreement with the Statement of Faith of Westside Christian Academy.
- Our commitment to earnestly pray for WCA, its staff, leadership and families.
- Our commitment to attend parent meetings and conferences, and lend our support to the program.
- Our trust in the intentions and authority of the teachers, staff, and administration of WCA to correct our child as necessary. We will cooperate with the school and discipline our child in the home as needed. (Prov.13:24; 19:18; 22:6; Prov.23:13,14; 29:15-17; Eph.6:12; Col.3:20; Heb.12:6)
- Our commitment to participate faithfully in a Bible teaching church and to exemplify Christian principles of life in our home. This includes a commitment to a godly heterosexual lifestyle, embracing biblical marriage and the biological sexual identity with which we were each born. (Gen 2:22-24; Matt 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9; Eph 5:22-33; Heb 13:4; Rom 1:21-27; I Corin 6:6-20)
- Our fullest cooperation to prevent doctrinal controversy and denominationalism from becoming an issue within the school. (Rom.13:8-10; l Cor.12:12-14; Gal.5:13-15,25; Eph.4:1-17)
- Our agreement that, if we have questions or concerns regarding any incidents, policies, or practices pertaining to the academy, we will, in the love of Christ and with prayer, voice our concerns only to the teacher, staff, or administrator involved, avoiding unbiblical gossip and slander. (Matt.18:15-17) We will avoid any negative use of social media as pertains to the school or its constituents.
- Our commitment to abide by the guidelines and policies of the student/parent handbook.
- Our commitment to financially support the school above tuition requirements as the Lord leads and as we are able.
- Our commitment to pay tuition and fees promptly when due.
“We are just incredibly thankful for WCA and the love and character that you are pouring into the kids each day. We have literally seen a major transformation in Chloe’s heart since attending WCA.
Chloe had a traumatic birth and spent her whole first year of life undergoing therapy. Before attending WCA, she had frequent temper tantrums, had a hard time controlling her emotions, had a serious aversion to talking about God, and struggled with jealousy. I believe these issues were in large part due to her traumatic first year of life.
WCA is truly and amazing answer to prayer, and I am just so thankful for all of you, your example, and the love of Christ that you are all pouring into the students. It has already worked a miracle in Chloe’s life, and I’m sure in all the other students at WCA as well.
With all the uncertainty that is raging around us, I am so encouraged and inspired by the incredible kingdom work you are doing each and every day by shaping the hearts and minds of these children to become mighty kingdom warriors and leaders of the next generation!”
Che & Debbie Kim
“WCA has quite the growing reputation in the Cleveland area. We knew we wanted to check it out when our kids were older, but didn’t know they started at preschool. We found out only weeks before the school year was starting & signed up our daughter. It could not have been a better experience for us or our daughter. To know she is in a safe Christian environment where she is nurtured & encouraged is priceless. We can not believe how much she has learned & grown in preschool! She is quoting scripture & fully explaining Bible stories to us. We feel very confident she is ready & prepared for kindergarten. “
The Hale Family
“We made the decision to start each of our girls at WCA in Kindergarten and now the school has been an integral part of our lives for nearly 20 years. Our partnership with WCA allowed Cher and I to see our three daughters, Maddie, Emma and current 12th Grader Lily, grow in their faith and learning. What we didn’t realize at the beginning of this journey was the impact WCA would make on both of us. From the selfless and loving staff, to our fellow parents that have become life-long friends; we have been truly blessed by WCA. As our daughters have grown into young adults, we see a maturation of their wonderful hearts and truth-seeking minds that were certainly molded by their years at WCA. Proverbs 22:6 tells us the importance of training up our children early on and “even when they are old, they will not turn from it”. WCA helped plant those seeds early on in our children, preparing them well to impact the world for Christ.”
Rich & Cher Thomas
“WCA is one of the best things that has happened to us since we moved here a few years back. Right from the beginning we were warmly welcomed and my kids have always felt safe and very comfortable in the school environment.
The teachers here are friendly and amazing. They not only focus on improving my kid’s areas of need but also put a huge emphasis on bolstering their individual strengths. The Principal, Headmaster and teachers promptly address any questions or concerns without delay.
I also greatly appreciate the detailed timely update I get regarding everything happening at school without any communication gap.
I love how every management decision is prayerfully considered.
Overall it has been a pleasant Journey so far. Thanking God for the wonderful privilege of being a part of WCA.”
The Paul Family
“I could go on and on about how much we enjoyed our first year at WCA. One thing that stands out the most is how everything is centered around God. I am sure that the foundation that these kids are taught will be with them throughout their lives. Another thing I enjoyed is how involved you can be in the classroom. My son loved seeing his dad and I for lunch, class parties and field trips. WCA feels like a big family, the staff is amazing and you always feel welcome. We could not feel more blessed to be a part of this school!”
The Urban Family