parent teacher fellowship (PTF)
Our Mission Statement:
Westside Christian Academy’s Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) exists to come alongside and support our school faculty, parents, and students, to foster community, and build relationships, all while living out the gospel and honoring Our Lord Jesus.
Meetings will be held at school right after drop off, once a month on Fridays at 8:30am. Childcare will be provided. We will have a time of fellowship with other parents, discuss upcoming school activities, and meet WCA staff members. All families are invited and encouraged to attend.
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Fellowship is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTF advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Tap into a Network. PTF functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTF, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child; and all children in the community will benefit.
- Speak Up. PTF can be a way for you to more effectively make suggestions and offer new ideas for the group and the school.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTF member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education and your willingness to support his/her school.