What to expect in kindergarten
Everything we do focuses not only on building foundations for reading, math, science and academic subjects but also on growing spiritually. From handwriting to conversation practice we strive to praise God with our best here in Kindergarten!
- Daily Bible lessons that teach students foundational stories throughout the Old Testament and the Life of Christ.
- Weekly scripture memorization through song and regular prayer time
- Spalding’s The Writing Road to Reading program to teach the 70 phonograms
- Literature work: genres of literature, purposes for reading and lots of enjoyment reading
- Singapore math: Hands on approach utilizing manipulatives
- Science: Answers in Genesis focusing on a study of animals.
- Social Studies/Geography: Including units on Community Helpers, America and World Cultures as well as Christian and Patriotic holidays.
- Introduction to Latin twice a week
- Music, art or physical education with a specialist everyday
- Rest or quiet time for full-day students
- Field trips that may include: Fire Station, Hillside Orchard, the Lake Erie Nature Center, Rocky River Nature Center, and the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
“I could go on and on about how much we enjoyed our first year at WCA. One thing that stands out the most is how everything is centered around God. I am sure that the foundation that these kids are taught will be with them throughout their lives. Another thing I enjoyed is how involved you can be in the classroom. My son loved seeing his dad and I for lunch, class parties and field trips. WCA feels like a big family, the staff is amazing and you always feel welcome. We could not feel more blessed to be a part of this school!”
The Urban Family
“We are just incredibly thankful for WCA and the love and character that you are pouring into the kids each day. We have literally seen a major transformation in Chloe’s heart since attending WCA.
Chloe had a traumatic birth and spent her whole first year of life undergoing therapy. Before attending WCA, she had frequent temper tantrums, had a hard time controlling her emotions, had a serious aversion to talking about God, and struggled with jealousy. I believe these issues were in large part due to her traumatic first year of life.
WCA is truly and amazing answer to prayer, and I am just so thankful for all of you, your example, and the love of Christ that you are all pouring into the students. It has already worked a miracle in Chloe’s life, and I’m sure in all the other students at WCA as well.
With all the uncertainty that is raging around us, I am so encouraged and inspired by the incredible kingdom work you are doing each and every day by shaping the hearts and minds of these children to become mighty kingdom warriors and leaders of the next generation!”
Che & Debbie Kim
“Kindergarten at WCA is special. Each day I knew that my daughter was being loved, guided, and taught by excellent educators. If she was having a difficult day, students and teachers would pray with and for her. Classroom time was spent in diverse and immersive learning experiences. I especially love that Kindergarteners practice public speaking and memorize Bible verses from A to Z. I know that we have a strong foundation for the learning and growth that will continue in first grade.”
The Lang Family
Schedule a Visit
Our Admission Director will reach out to you to set up your family's tour.