Our PRE-K program is for children age 4 by August 1st.
Maximum class size is 10 and once class is full, we will open a wait list.
Class is staffed with a teacher and aid.
8:30-11:15 AM OR 12:30-3:15 PM
In pre-kindergarten we harness the natural curiosity of young children to engage students in play-based learning. Pre-kindergarten engrosses students in learning through hands-on activities, and often incorporates subjects such as art and music to make lessons memorable and engaging.
We help cultivate a desire for literacy through exposure to a wide range of high quality literature. Our center-based approach to math creates a strong mathematical foundation in students through working in small groups with individual assistance.
Most importantly God’s grace, mercy and role as creator is evident, not only in our curriculum, but in our goal to teach students the way they were designed to learn. At this stage of development teaching children the way they learn means movement, memorization, singing, chanting and hands on exposure. Teachers strive to cultivate an atmosphere of respect, love and grace that is honoring to our faith.
A TYPICAL DAY:
● Morning Free Play
● Morning Meeting and Calendar Time introduces concepts such as days of the week, months, patterns, number recognition, counting, weather, as well as a letter and number of the week
● Bible Time focuses on relatable bible stories and introduces positive character traits
● Daily Snack
● Math Centers allows students to work in small groups on hands-on math activities that work with numbers, shapes, patterns, and more
● Gym / Recess focuses on gross motor skills and movement based learning
● Literacy introduces letter recognition and formation as well as a variety of high quality children’s literature spanning from the Ancient Greek storyteller Aesop to the classic works of Hans Christian Andersen or the modern tales of Jan Brett.
● World Exploration exposes students to developmentally appropriate Science & Social studies concepts, to help them gain a better understanding of the world around them.
● Regular art and music integration
“WCA has quite the growing reputation in the Cleveland area. We knew we wanted to check it out when our kids were older, but didn’t know they started at preschool. We found out only weeks before the school year was starting & signed up our daughter. It could not have been a better experience for us or our daughter. To know she is in a safe Christian environment where she is nurtured & encouraged is priceless. We can not believe how much she has learned & grown in preschool! She is quoting scripture & fully explaining Bible stories to us. We feel very confident she is ready & prepared for kindergarten. “
The Hale Family
“WCA is one of the best things that has happened to us since we moved here a few years back. Right from the beginning we were warmly welcomed and my kids have always felt safe and very comfortable in the school environment.
The teachers here are friendly and amazing. They not only focus on improving my kid’s areas of need but also put a huge emphasis on bolstering their individual strengths. The Principal, Headmaster and teachers promptly address any questions or concerns without delay.
I also greatly appreciate the detailed timely update I get regarding everything happening at school without any communication gap.
I love how every management decision is prayerfully considered.
Overall it has been a pleasant Journey so far. Thanking God for the wonderful privilege of being a part of WCA.”
The Paul Family
“Pre-K has been an incredible experience for our family. If I had to choose one word to describe Pre-K it would be “precious”. Our children have learned so much academically while simultaneously being encouraged to be full of wonder, creativity, and God’s perfect love. Teachers are engaged with our children and have meaningful interactions throughout the school day. Our children are nurtured by our extraordinary teachers and have been set up for success for kindergarten and beyond. This wonderful group of children have become like family versus just classmates….it’s very special. I am so thankful for Pre-K at WCA!”
The Waller Family
Schedule a Visit
Our Admission Director will reach out to you to set up your family’s tour.