Celebrating 25 years!
The WCA 25th anniversary year of celebrations seeks to 1). Celebrate all that the Lord has done in and through WCA over the past 25 years, 2). Serve the surrounding communities and body of Christ as we celebrate; use our talents, gifts and abilities to the glory of the Lord 3). Honor the Lord in how we celebrate and rejoice in His good work, blessings and provision.
FEB-MAR 2022: Laundry quarter drive
It’s our 25th anniversary and we are seeking 25 cent pieces (quarters) for our neighbors who need help to access laundry. Access to clean clothing is something that we may take for granted, yet, according to a study from Braun Research comprised of 600 public school teachers, one in five students struggle with access to clean clothes, leading to chronic absenteeism. Chronic absenteeism may prevent children from reaching early learning milestones. According to research conducted by the Department of Education, children who are chronically absent in preschool, kindergarten, and first grade are much less likely to read at grade level by the third grade. Students who cannot read at grade level by the end of third grade are four times more likely than proficient readers to drop out of high school.
Ultimately, the “simple” thing of access to clean clothes helps individuals and families to receive education, job readiness training, health care services, and can help people who are stuck in a cycle of poverty to achieve dignity and positive change. St. Vincent Charity Medical Center (SVCMC) in the Central neighborhood of Cleveland convened a Community Advisory Board of area residents and business leaders and this need for access to laundry services was identified as paramount.
At WCA, we wish to raise awareness among WCA families of this need and we are excited to start a friendly competition between each class and upper school home room to collect quarters that will be used to directly support the laundry needs of the residents in Central. Each room will receive a jug to collect quarters between February and March 2022. When your class reaches the goal, you earn a dress down day! The class to reach the goal first will be rewarded with a pizza party. We are excited about all school participation in this service project. Contact Carrie Lang at 216-374-6988 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
MARCH: Serve the women & children of Laura’s Home
Laura’s Home is a 166-bed facility that offers specialized, wraparound services designed to empower families and individuals to live healthy lives. They serve women and children, bridging them from crisis to stability and self-sufficiency. We will announce two dates (one in January and one in March) where we will serve the women and children a meal and have the opportunity to talk with them and share some of the light God gives to each of us. Contact Meredith Beavers at 330-990-3459 or email@example.com with any questions.
APRIL 8, 2022: WCA 25th Anniversary Gala
Statement of Faith
In accordance with the Mission of Westside Christian Academy, we hold the following Statement to be true and to be the foundation upon which the Christian Faith is practiced. We therefore request that all who wish to associate themselves with Westside Christian Academy accept and agree with the following statement:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, without error in its original writings, the only complete and authoritative source of His will and His plan for the salvation of man, and of guidance for Christian life. (II Timothy 3:16, 17)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Gen 1:1; John 10:30; John 10:37-38)
3. We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin Birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His imminent return in power and glory. (Isa 7:14; Matt 1:23; Luke 1:35; Heb 4:15; Heb 7:25; John 2:11; Heb 9:12; Eph 1:7; Col 1:14; John 11:25; Acts 1:11; Rev 19:11-16)
4. We believe that Man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are sinners in thought, word and deed. (John 3:5; Rom 5:8)
5. We believe that the sinless life, sacrificial death and physical resurrection of Jesus Christ provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only those who receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God. (Titus 3: 4-7; Eph 2:8-9; Rom 3:21-28; Rom 5:8;Gal 4:4-7)
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, and that those who are saved through faith in Jesus Christ shall have eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord; those who have not believed in Jesus Christ through faith shall receive judgment and eternal damnation. (John 5:24; 28-29; Matt 25:46)
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom 8:9; I Cor 12:12-13; Gal 3:26-28)
8. We believe that biblical marriage is limited to a covenant relationship between one man and one woman, ordained by God, made legally binding in an official ceremony according to state law. We believe that sexual relations are to be exercised solely within marriage of one man and one woman. (Gen 2:22-24; Matt 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9; Eph 5:22-33; Heb 13:4)
Parent’s Pledge of Acceptance
A WCA education is a sacred partnership between parents and teachers, home and school. We are a Christ-following community that shares the same goals which are best met when home and school work in tandem within a trusting relationship.
In signing this pledge of acceptance, we affirm the following:
- Our complete agreement with the Statement of Faith of Westside Christian Academy.
- Our commitment to earnestly pray for WCA, its staff, leadership and families.
- Our commitment to attend parent meetings and conferences, and lend our support to the program.
- Our trust in the intentions and authority of the teachers, staff, and administration of WCA to correct our child as necessary. We will cooperate with the school and discipline our child in the home as needed. (Prov.13:24; 19:18; 22:6; Prov.23:13,14; 29:15-17; Eph.6:12; Col.3:20; Heb.12:6)
- Our commitment to participate faithfully in a Bible teaching church and to exemplify Christian principles of life in our home. This includes a commitment to a godly heterosexual lifestyle, embracing biblical marriage and the biological sexual identity with which we were each born. (Gen 2:22-24; Matt 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9; Eph 5:22-33; Heb 13:4; Rom 1:21-27; I Corin 6:6-20)
- Our fullest cooperation to prevent doctrinal controversy and denominationalism from becoming an issue within the school. (Rom.13:8-10; l Cor.12:12-14; Gal.5:13-15,25; Eph.4:1-17)
- Our agreement that, if we have questions or concerns regarding any incidents, policies, or practices pertaining to the academy, we will, in the love of Christ and with prayer, voice our concerns only to the teacher, staff, or administrator involved, avoiding unbiblical gossip and slander. (Matt.18:15-17) We will avoid any negative use of social media as pertains to the school or its constituents.
- Our commitment to abide by the guidelines and policies of the student/parent handbook.
- Our commitment to financially support the school above tuition requirements as the Lord leads and as we are able.
- Our commitment to pay tuition and fees promptly when due.