Partnering with Christian parents, Westside Christian Academy equips students with a Biblically integrated, academically excellent, classical education so that they engage the world with the truth of the gospel and the love of Christ, near and far, across generations.
is wca the right fit?
Westside Christian Academy is a Pre-K – 12th Grade school that admits families who desire to have their children educated in a school that holds the Bible to be the source of all truth and guidance. Parents must be born again Christ followers whose sincere faith in God compels them to live according to, and train their children according to, Biblical principles.
Imagine a three-legged-stool. It is with this visual imprint that we hold to the conviction that children function best when family, church, and school are all in balance; pointing them to the same values and truth.
Therefore, families applying to WCA must have, at minimum, one parent who is a Christ follower and able to give a personal testimony of his/her profession of faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior.
In addition, parents of WCA demonstrate their commitment to their own spiritual wellbeing through involvement in a local church and will be asked to provide a Pastor Reference from a local church that teaches in agreement with our Statement of Faith.
Our Parent’s Pledge further outlines the partnership that exists with parents in our endeavor to be a Christ-honoring community. Parents are asked to sign this pledge at enrollment and every year at re-enrollment.
Hear from our parents
Moving our fifth-grader and third-grader to WCA was something we had been considering for years. We are so grateful that God led our family to finally make the decision and do so boldly, as the school has blessed us beyond …
WCA has quite the growing reputation in the Cleveland area. We knew we wanted to check it out when our kids were older, but didn’t know they started at preschool. We found out only weeks before the school year was starting
Statement of Faith
In accordance with the mission of Westside Christian Academy, we hold the following Statement to be true and to be the foundation upon which the Christian faith is practiced. We therefore request that all who wish to associate themselves with Westside Christian Academy accept and agree with the following statement:
We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, without error in its original writings, the only complete and authoritative source of His will and His plan for the salvation of man, and of guidance for Christian life. (II Timothy 3:16, 17)
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Gen 1:1; John 10:30; John 10:37-38)
We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His imminent return in power and glory. (Isa 7:14; Matt 1:23; Luke 1:35; Heb 4:15; Heb 7:25; John 2:11; Heb 9:12; Eph 1:7; Col 1:14; John 11:25; Acts 1:11; Rev 19:11-16)
We believe that Man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are sinners in thought, word and deed. (John 3:5; Rom 5:8)
We believe that the sinless life, sacrificial death, and physical resurrection of Jesus Christ provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only those who receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God. (Titus 3: 4-7; Eph 2:8-9; Rom 3:21-28; Rom 5:8; Gal 4:4-7)
We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, and that those who are saved through faith in Jesus Christ shall have eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord; those who have not believed in Jesus Christ through faith shall receive judgment and eternal damnation. (John 5:24; 28-29; Matt 25:46)
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom 8:9; I Cor 12:12-13; Gal 3:26-28)
WCA interprets its Statement of Faith from the perspective of these six historic protestant confessions listed in our Constitution. This heritage influences our instruction in Christian Doctrine. a. The Westminster Confession of Faith (1646) b. The London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689 c. The Augsburg Confession (1530) d. The Three forms of Unity: The Belgic Confession (1561), Canons of Dort (1619), & Heidelberg Catechism (1563) e. The Thirty-Nine Articles of Religion (1615) f. The Savoy Declaration of Faith and Order (1658)
Parent’s Pledge of Acceptance
A WCA education includes a sacred partnership between parents and teachers, home and school. We are a Christ-following community whose shared goals are best met when home and school work in tandem within a trusting relationship.
In signing this pledge of conduct, we will do the following:
- Affirm our complete, personal agreement with the Statement of Faith of Westside Christian Academy.
- Commit to faithfully attending, worshipping with, and being shepherded by a local Bible-teaching church.
- Commit to earnestly pray for the administration, staff, leadership, and families of WCA.
- Commit to attend parent meetings and conferences, and to lend our support to the program.
- Pledge to trust in the intentions and authority of WCA’s teachers, staff, and administrators to shepherd and correct our child as necessary, to cooperate with WCA in these endeavors, to discipline our child in the home as needed, and to address any concerns regarding WCA’s handling of a disciplinary matter privately with appropriate WCA personnel. (Prov.13:24; 19:18; 22:6; Prov.23:13,14; 29:15-17; Eph.6:12; Col.3:20; Heb.12:6)
- Commit to upholding the biblical Christian principles regarding
sexuality and gender including that:
- Marriage is a conventional relationship between one man and one woman, ordained by God, and made legally binding in an official ceremony under state law.
- Sexual relations must be exercised within the bounds of biblical marriage between one man and one woman.
- Sexual and gender identity are determined biologically by God at birth and are not to be redefined by any human, whether an individual or a culture. (Gen 2:22-24; Matt 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9; Eph 5:22-33; Heb 13:4; Rom 1:21-27; I Cor 6:6-20)
- Will seek to avoid doctrinal controversy and divisive denominationalism among WCA’s constituents. (Rom.13:8-10; l Cor.12:12-14;
- Commit that, if we have questions or concerns regarding any incidents, policies, or practices pertaining to WCA, we will, in the love of Christ and with prayer, voice our concerns only to the teacher, staff, or administrator involved, avoiding gossip and slander. (Matt.18:15-17)
- We will avoid any negative use of social media as pertains to the school or its constituents. Commit to abide by the guidelines and policies of the student/parent handbook.
- Commit to financially support the school above tuition requirements as the Lord leads and as we are able.
- Commit to paying tuition and fees promptly when due.
We understand and agree: (1) WCA reserves the exclusive right to determine whether one or both parents’ individual or joint conduct falls short of these standards; (2) our failure to uphold this commitment will cause our family to be in conflict with the mission and philosophy of Westside Christian Academy, and may justly result in our child being dismissed from enrollment or barred from re-enrollment; (3) WCA’s determination, once made, is final and without right to appeal or other recourse; and (4) to hold WCA harmless regarding any such determination
“Moving our fifth-grader and third-grader to WCA was something we had been considering for years. We are so grateful that God led our family to finally make the decision and do so boldly, as the school has blessed us beyond our prayers. The curriculum has reignited our children’s love of learning, and by teaching with a Biblical worldview, the lessons they are bringing home challenge us as parents and grow our faith as well. The intentionality with which teachers, administrators, and fellow WCA families have embraced our kids and us as a family has been wonderful. When friends ask us if we’ll be back in public school as soon as the pandemic is over, we’re able to answer with a quick and definitive “No” – WCA is home.”
Steven & Kaitlin Lane
“WCA has quite the growing reputation in the Cleveland area. We knew we wanted to check it out when our kids were older, but didn’t know they started at preschool. We found out only weeks before the school year was starting & signed up our daughter. It could not have been a better experience for us or our daughter. To know she is in a safe Christian environment where she is nurtured & encouraged is priceless. We can not believe how much she has learned & grown in preschool! She is quoting scripture & fully explaining Bible stories to us. We feel very confident she is ready & prepared for kindergarten. “
The Hale Family
“We are just incredibly thankful for WCA and the love and character that you are pouring into the kids each day. We have literally seen a major transformation in Chloe’s heart since attending WCA.
Chloe had a traumatic birth and spent her whole first year of life undergoing therapy. Before attending WCA, she had frequent temper tantrums, had a hard time controlling her emotions, had a serious aversion to talking about God, and struggled with jealousy. I believe these issues were in large part due to her traumatic first year of life.
WCA is truly and amazing answer to prayer, and I am just so thankful for all of you, your example, and the love of Christ that you are all pouring into the students. It has already worked a miracle in Chloe’s life, and I’m sure in all the other students at WCA as well.
With all the uncertainty that is raging around us, I am so encouraged and inspired by the incredible kingdom work you are doing each and every day by shaping the hearts and minds of these children to become mighty kingdom warriors and leaders of the next generation!”
Che & Debbie Kim
Considering WCA for your student?
These three sections will help guide you along our admissions process. Please reach out to our Admissions Director at any time with questions.