is WCA the right fit?
A prospective parent of WCA should:
- Desire a Christian and Classical Education for their child. (Wondering what a Classical Education means?)
- Be a Christ follower and able to give a personal testimony of their profession of faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- Understand that biblical formation occurs best in a child when the family, church and school all point that child to the same beliefs and values.
- Be a member or regular attender of a Bible believing church.
- Provide a Pastoral Reference from their church affirming their commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Adhere to our Statement of Faith and agree to sign our Parent’s Pledge
- Desire to partner with teachers in the education of their child. This includes engaging in Parent/Teacher Conferences twice a year and maintaining open communication throughout the school year.
Still have more questions?
Read through our Top 10 Questions for Prospective Parents
Statement of Faith
In accordance with the mission of Westside Christian Academy, we hold the following Statement to be true and to be the foundation upon which the Christian faith is practiced. We therefore request that all who wish to associate themselves with Westside Christian Academy accept and agree with the following statement:
We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, without error in its original writings, the only complete and authoritative source of His will and His plan for the salvation of man, and of guidance for Christian life. (II Timothy 3:16, 17)
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Gen 1:1; John 10:30; John 10:37-38)
We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His imminent return in power and glory. (Isa 7:14; Matt 1:23; Luke 1:35; Heb 4:15; Heb 7:25; John 2:11; Heb 9:12; Eph 1:7; Col 1:14; John 11:25; Acts 1:11; Rev 19:11-16)
We believe that Man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are sinners in thought, word and deed. (John 3:5; Rom 5:8)
We believe that the sinless life, sacrificial death, and physical resurrection of Jesus Christ provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only those who receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God. (Titus 3: 4-7; Eph 2:8-9; Rom 3:21-28; Rom 5:8; Gal 4:4-7)
We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, and that those who are saved through faith in Jesus Christ shall have eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord; those who have not believed in Jesus Christ through faith shall receive judgment and eternal damnation. (John 5:24; 28-29; Matt 25:46)
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom 8:9; I Cor 12:12-13; Gal 3:26-28)
STATEMENT ON THE SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Psalm 139)
WCA’s core values are Excellence, Unity, Christ-Likeness, Love, Integrity and Discipleship. These values are those foundational beliefs or principles by which we carry out our mission and conduct daily business. Our attitudes and actions should ever be seeking to align with these values. The core values we have identified are: interconnected and overlapping, true for every classroom, office, and staff member regardless of role, few enough to memorize but meaty enough to have real meaning.
Parent’s Pledge of Acceptance
A WCA education includes a sacred partnership between parents and teachers, home and school. We are a Christ-following community whose shared goals are best met when home and school work in tandem within a trusting relationship.
In signing this pledge of conduct, we will do the following:
- Affirm our complete, personal agreement with the Statement of Faith of Westside Christian Academy.
- Commit to faithfully attending, worshipping with, and being shepherded by a local Bible-teaching church.
- Commit to earnestly pray for the administration, staff, leadership, and families of WCA.
- Commit to attend parent meetings and conferences, and to lend our support to the program.
- Pledge to trust in the intentions and authority of WCA’s teachers, staff, and administrators to shepherd and correct our child as necessary, to cooperate with WCA in these endeavors, to discipline our child in the home as needed, and to address any concerns regarding WCA’s handling of a disciplinary matter privately with appropriate WCA personnel. (Prov.13:24; 19:18; 22:6; Prov.23:13,14; 29:15-17; Eph.6:12; Col.3:20; Heb.12:6)
- Commit to upholding the biblical Christian principles regarding
sexuality and gender including that:
- Marriage is a conventional relationship between one man and one woman, ordained by God, and made legally binding in an official ceremony under state law.
- Sexual relations must be exercised within the bounds of biblical marriage between one man and one woman.
- Sexual and gender identity are determined biologically by God at birth and are not to be redefined by any human, whether an individual or a culture. (Gen 2:22-24; Matt 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9; Eph 5:22-33; Heb 13:4; Rom 1:21-27; I Cor 6:6-20)
- Will seek to avoid doctrinal controversy and divisive denominationalism among WCA’s constituents. (Rom.13:8-10; l Cor.12:12-14;
- Commit that, if we have questions or concerns regarding any incidents, policies, or practices pertaining to WCA, we will, in the love of Christ and with prayer, voice our concerns only to the teacher, staff, or administrator involved, avoiding gossip and slander. (Matt.18:15-17)
- We will avoid any negative use of social media as pertains to the school or its constituents. Commit to abide by the guidelines and policies of the student/parent handbook.
- Commit to financially support the school above tuition requirements as the Lord leads and as we are able.
- Commit to paying tuition and fees promptly when due.
We understand and agree: (1) WCA reserves the exclusive right to determine whether one or both parents’ individual or joint conduct falls short of these standards; (2) our failure to uphold this commitment will cause our family to be in conflict with the mission and philosophy of Westside Christian Academy, and may justly result in our child being dismissed from enrollment or barred from re-enrollment; (3) WCA’s determination, once made, is final and without right to appeal or other recourse; and (4) to hold WCA harmless regarding any such determination