Parent’s Pledge of Conduct
A WCA education includes a sacred partnership between parents and teachers, home and school. We are a Christ-following community whose shared goals are best met when home and school work in tandem within a trusting relationship.
In signing this pledge of conduct, we will do the following:
- Affirm our complete, personal agreement with the Statement of Faith of Westside Christian Academy.
Commit to faithfully attending, worshipping with, and being
shepherded by a local Bible-teaching church.
- Commit to earnestly pray for the administration, staff, leadership, and
families of WCA.
- Commit to attend parent meetings and conferences, and to
lend our support to the program.
- Pledge to trust in the intentions and authority of WCA’s teachers, staff, and administrators to shepherd and correct our child as necessary, to cooperate with WCA in these endeavors, to discipline our child in the home as needed, and to address any concerns regarding WCA’s handling of a disciplinary matter privately with appropriate WCA personnel. (Prov.13:24; 19:18; 22:6; Prov.23:13,14; 29:15-17; Eph.6:12; Col.3:20; Heb.12:6)
- Commit to upholding the biblical Christian principles regarding sexuality and gender including that:
Marriage is a conventional relationship between one man and one woman, ordained by God, and made legally binding in an official ceremony under state law.
Sexual relations must be exercised within the bounds of biblical marriage between one man and one woman.
Sexual and gender identity are determined biologically by God at birth and are not to be redefined by any human, whether an individual or a culture. (Gen 2:22-24; Matt 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9; Eph 5:22-33; Heb 13:4; Rom 1:21-27; I Cor 6:6-20)
- Will seek to avoid doctrinal controversy and divisive denominationalism
among WCA’s constituents. (Rom.13:8-10; l Cor.12:12-14;
- Commit that, if we have questions or concerns regarding any incidents, policies, or practices pertaining to WCA, we will, in the love of Christ and with prayer, voice our concerns only to the teacher, staff, or administrator involved, avoiding gossip and slander. (Matt.18:15-17)
- e will avoid any negative use of social media as pertains to the school or its constituents.
- Commit to abide by the guidelines and policies of the student/parent handbook.
- Commit to financially support the school above tuition requirements
as the Lord leads and as we are able.
- Commit to paying tuition and fees promptly when due.
We understand and agree: (1) WCA reserves the exclusive right to determine whether one or both parents’ individual or joint conduct falls short of these standards; (2) our failure to uphold this commitment will cause our family to be in conflict with the mission and philosophy of Westside Christian Academy, and may justly result in our child being dismissed from enrollment or barred from re-enrollment; (3) WCA’s determination, once made, is final and without right to appeal or other recourse; and (4) to hold WCA harmless regarding any such determination