Westside Christian Academy would like to extend the invitation to Homeschool parents to partner with us in the education of their children. Our Partner Program is available to families with students in 7th-12th grade who are looking to enroll in 1, 2 or 3 classes.
At WCA our mission is to integrate Biblical Truth with academic excellence so that our students will become leaders committed to impacting the world for Jesus Christ. The admissions process is designed to admit students from families who practice Christian Principles, who adhere to Biblical Authority, and who accept and agree with our Statement of Faith. We strive for the best academic fit to ensure a child’s educational success.
WCA admits students of any race, color, natianal and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Westside Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in admistration of educational policies, admissions policies, and other school-admistered programs or with respect to employment of faculty and admistrative staff.
- Courses designed to develop a biblical worldview
- Relationship building with like-minded students
- Rhetoric stage of Classical Education provides students with opportunities to speak in front of live audiences; improves the art of speaking and writing well
- Spiritual development in a culture of Truth, beauty, goodness and grace
- A wonderful entry into WCA for those considering full time enrollment
- Transcripts and a certificate of completion will be given at the end of each year
- Part-time students are fully accepted into the student body and participate in school-wide events as they are able
- The enrollement process and entry requirements are the same as full-time students. Our program is open to families that agree with our Statement of Faith and sign our Parents Pledge of Acceptance.
- Three courses per day is the maximum number for a part-time student. Beyond that, a student would need to be enrolled full time.
- The tuition is based on the number of courses a student is taking. There is no tuition assistance available for a part-time student.
- To ensure success, a student must attend class regularly, complete all required coursework and comply with our dress code.
Statement of Faith
In accordance with the Mission of Westside Christian Academy, we hold the following Statement to be true and to be the foundation upon which the Christian Faith is practiced. We therefore request that all who wish to associate themselves with Westside Christian Academy accept and agree with the following statement:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, without error in its original writings, the only complete and authoritative source of His will and His plan for the salvation of man, and of guidance for Christian life. (II Timothy 3:16, 17)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Gen 1:1; John 10:30; John 10:37-38)
3. We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin Birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His imminent return in power and glory. (Isa 7:14; Matt 1:23; Luke 1:35; Heb 4:15; Heb 7:25; John 2:11; Heb 9:12; Eph 1:7; Col 1:14; John 11:25; Acts 1:11; Rev 19:11-16)
4. We believe that Man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are sinners in thought, word and deed. (John 3:5; Rom 5:8)
5. We believe that the sinless life, sacrificial death and physical resurrection of Jesus Christ provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only those who receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God. (Titus 3: 4-7; Eph 2:8-9; Rom 3:21-28; Rom 5:8;Gal 4:4-7)
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, and that those who are saved through faith in Jesus Christ shall have eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord; those who have not believed in Jesus Christ through faith shall receive judgment and eternal damnation. (John 5:24; 28-29; Matt 25:46)
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rom 8:9; I Cor 12:12-13; Gal 3:26-28)
8. We believe that biblical marriage is limited to a covenant relationship between one man and one woman, ordained by God, made legally binding in an official ceremony according to state law. We believe that sexual relations are to be exercised solely within marriage of one man and one woman. (Gen 2:22-24; Matt 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9; Eph 5:22-33; Heb 13:4)
Parent’s Pledge of Acceptance
A WCA education is a sacred partnership between parents and teachers, home and school. We are a Christ-following community that shares the same goals which are best met when home and school work in tandem within a trusting relationship.
In signing this pledge of acceptance, we affirm the following:
- Our complete agreement with the Statement of Faith of Westside Christian Academy.
- Our commitment to earnestly pray for WCA, its staff, leadership and families.
- Our commitment to attend parent meetings and conferences, and lend our support to the program.
- Our trust in the intentions and authority of the teachers, staff, and administration of WCA to correct our child as necessary. We will cooperate with the school and discipline our child in the home as needed. (Prov.13:24; 19:18; 22:6; Prov.23:13,14; 29:15-17; Eph.6:12; Col.3:20; Heb.12:6)
- Our commitment to participate faithfully in a Bible teaching church and to exemplify Christian principles of life in our home. This includes a commitment to a godly heterosexual lifestyle, embracing biblical marriage and the biological sexual identity with which we were each born. (Gen 2:22-24; Matt 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9; Eph 5:22-33; Heb 13:4; Rom 1:21-27; I Corin 6:6-20)
- Our fullest cooperation to prevent doctrinal controversy and denominationalism from becoming an issue within the school. (Rom.13:8-10; l Cor.12:12-14; Gal.5:13-15,25; Eph.4:1-17)
- Our agreement that, if we have questions or concerns regarding any incidents, policies, or practices pertaining to the academy, we will, in the love of Christ and with prayer, voice our concerns only to the teacher, staff, or administrator involved, avoiding unbiblical gossip and slander. (Matt.18:15-17) We will avoid any negative use of social media as pertains to the school or its constituents.
- Our commitment to abide by the guidelines and policies of the student/parent handbook.
- Our commitment to financially support the school above tuition requirements as the Lord leads and as we are able.
- Our commitment to pay tuition and fees promptly when due.