Westside Christian Academy (WCA) seeks to aid children in their spiritual and academic development in order to be equipped to fulfill God’s purpose for their lives in the home, church, and society. WCA, as an extension of the home and of the church, exists to fulfill God’s commands to raise children “in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.” While we believe that the Bible clearly gives the responsibility of training children to parents, WCA is here to assist parents in fulfilling this biblical responsibility.
The ministry of WCA and the partnership with the parents must result from an overflow of fruit resulting from individuals pursuing God with all their heart, soul, strength, and mind. Furthermore, there is an economic investment that requires families to evaluate the use of their resources in order that their students can be a part of the ministry at WCA. It is the obligation of WCA to respect this burden by developing a financial model that best reflects the principles and best practices that we see throughout the Holy Scriptures to provide and sustain the environment necessary for each student’s spiritual and academic development.
We desire that classical Christian education be made available to families across all socioeconomic groups. As such, a Tuition Assistance Program was made available to those who desire to be a part of WCA but would be unable to do so without some form of assistance. The Tuition Assistance Program is best described as a yearly agreement evaluated each school-year by participating families that is founded upon the following:
- Families prayerfully consider their own budgets before applying for assistance understanding that the economic investment of Classical Christian Education may limit/take away discretionary options from within their budgets
- Families receiving assistance should make reasonable strides to ensure that their decisions and economic positions are improving from year-to-year with the goal, barring any unforeseen events, of being able to achieve less assistance in the future
- Tuition assistance is available due to the financial commitments of the families, donors, and faculty/staff
- If an event occurs that changes the financial position of a family receiving tuition assistance, the family will notify the Headmaster in order to discuss the potential for forfeiture of assistance (partial/whole)
Those who have prayerfully considered all of the above are encouraged to apply through the following portals. We offer two options of assistance and recommend that families utilize both options. We encourage families to begin the process in early January when each application opens as these resources are made available on a first-come first-serve basis. Families must re-apply for each option annually.
1. Ohio Christian Education Network– Scholarships are funded through the generous gifts of members of our school community to make Christian education possible. Awards will be prioritized for students with demonstrated financial need. (https://ohiocen.org/ocen-sgo-student-application/)
• 1/2/2023 Application Opens
• 2/15/2023 Application Deadline
• 5/1/2023 Awards Issued
2. FACTS Application. Assistance is funded directly using WCA operational resources. FACTS does not determine the amount of financial aid awarded, rather, award decisions are made by our Financial Aid Committee based on the FACTS application and any special circumstances. (https://online.factsmgt.com/aid)
• 1/2/2023 Application Opens
• Current families must apply by 3/15/2023. Award letters sent out 4/15/2023.
• New families may submit applications at any time and they will be processed in a timely, first come basis.