Teaching Principal Position for 2016-17
Upper School – Grades 7-12 (full time, begins July 2016)
We seek a dynamic educator to join our faculty as we come alongside parents to raise their children to be all that God desires. We are looking to hire our very first Upper School principal as we expand to include grades 9-12 in order to best establish our classical and Christian program. This teacher/principal will be responsible as a godly role-model to:
- Lead the day to day operations of our Upper School (7-12). We have just launched grade 9 this school year and will add grade 10 in fall of 2016, becoming K-12 in 2018. The principal will be instrumental in shaping the culture and curriculum of Upper School in collaboration with the faculty and school community.
- Instruct our teens in history, theology and literature (Omnibus) within a block schedule. Ideally, the candidate will also be able to teach composition or perhaps a course in the arts or sciences, overall maintaining a 50% teaching schedule while functioning as principal.
- Spiritually mature Christian with a joyous love for children and teens
- Passion for Christian education and a working knowledge of classical methodology
- Masters degree or doctorate preferred
- Teaching experience in a classical school, demonstrating a depth of understanding in the subject matter and an ability to lead young people toward wisdom and passion in their relationship with the Lord. We look for a strong academic mind with a youth pastor’s heart.
- Excellent communication/people skills
- Basic proficiency with technologies
- An entrepreneurial spirit to help shape our emerging upper school
J. Whiteman, Headmaster